The Mop Top hairstyle started gaining a lot of attention with trends created in TikTok. As of now, it is quite a trendy hairstyling idea among men all around the world. If you have messy hair, going ahead with a mop top hairstyle would be something that you will love. However, you should also know the best mop-top hairstyle ideas. To make life easy for you, we will walk you through a list of the best mop-top haircut ideas for 2022.
1. Long Mop Top Hair with Light Coffee Brown Shade
If you have a bit of lengthy hair, you may think about going for long mop-top hair. However, keeping your hair black or blonde would make it appear dull. This is why you should go for a light brown coffee shade.
2. Fringe Long Hair Drop Styles with Bob Curve Cut
The fringe long hair drop bob curve cut will help you to define the shape of your face clearly. Make sure that you grow it along with your beard to end up with getting a well-defined look.
3. Messy Front Mop with Light Blonde Highlights
The messy front mop hairstyle is a great option available for a casual get together or a night out. You can easily enhance your good looks by getting light blonde highlights to your messy hair.
4. Short Mop Curly Hair with Skin Fade Haircut
Regardless of the texture of your hair, you may think about going for short mop curly hair. However, this hairstyling idea is defined with its skin fade haircut. If you don’t mind getting such a haircut, you may go for this without thinking twice.
5. Trimmed Bowl Haircut with Almond Shade of Brown
Do you want to get a perfect looking bowl on your head? Then you should be trying this trimmed bowl haircut. To make your hair look exciting, you can think about going for almond shade of brown as its coloring.
6. Mullet Hairstyle with Edgy Long Hair
Mullet hairstyles are quite popular among men who have messy hair. If you are one of them, you may try this mullet hairstyle with a bit of edgy long hair. You will be able to sparingly work on it with your fingers and get a perfect look.
7. Asymmetrical Wet Look Mop Hairstyle
Anyone who wishes to have a wet looking mop hairstyle may try this out. Unlike traditional hair styling ideas, you will fall in love with the uniqueness that comes along with this asymmetrical cut.
8. Twisted Curled Fringe Mop Hairstyle with Fade
Do you have Afro hair? Then we encourage you to go ahead with the twisted curled fringe mop hairstyle. To highlight your natural curves, you may also think about getting a fade cut on your hair.
9. Full Curls with Fringe Bangs Hairstyle
If you have medium-length hair, full curls with fringe bangs hairstyle is a good option to try. Any guy who wishes to retain the natural curls may think about going for it.
10. Voluminous Curls with Blonde and Burgundy Shade
Having curls is a great way to add more volume into hair. You can enhance the volume of your hair by seeking maximum assistance of curls. Make sure that you get a blonde and burgundy shade to make it look even better.
11. Undercut Style Haircut with Regular Haircut
The undercut haircut is somewhat a classical option available to try. If you are keen to get a mop cut, but prefers to keep things looking more classical, you may give this a try.
12. Smeared Front Mop Edgy Haircut
If you have a longer face, you would be looking for a mop hair styling idea that complements your face. This is where you may take a look at the smeared front mop edgy haircut.
13. Side Parted Hair with Front Mop Bangs Haircut
Anyone who loves to keep relaxed with a mop haircut may go for front mop bangs. Make sure that you also get side parted hair to make yourself look perfect.
14. Long Wavy Bob Haircut with Long Curtain Bangs
Do you have quite long hair? Then you may take a look at the long wavy bob haircut. It comes along with long curtain bangs to deliver a perfect look and feel to you.
15. High Pomp Side Swept Hair with Brown Shade
If you are searching for a somewhat unique mop top hairstyle, you may consider going for the high pomp side swept hairstyle. This hairstyle would suit anyone who has a smaller face. You can enhance its appearance with a brown shade.
16. Taper Front Down Style Hair with Fade
Do you have somewhat blonde hair? Then you can think about getting a fade for it to make it match with your skin. Along with that, you may also go for a taper front down style to complement your face.
17. Shaggy Hair with Bouncy Ends Hairstyle with Mop Bangs
Shaggy hair should not always be medium length. You can growth them long and have bouncy ends. For the bouncy ends, make sure you get mop bangs.
18. Smudged Mullet Hair with Edgy Fringe Style
Smudged mullet hair is another perfect option available for anyone with a thin face. You will be able to take this hairstyle to greater heights with the help of an edgy fringe style.
19. Full Blonde with Shaggy Wavy Long Bob Cut
Do you want to make a difference with shaggy hair? Then we encourage you to try this full blonde shaggy hairstyle, which comes along with a long bob cut.
20. Front Mop Taper with Bronze Shade Haircut
Front mop taper is obviously a better haircut than a messy mop. If you want to make your hair look perfect with your beard, this is a great hairstyle option that we can recommend as of now.
21. Lengthy Front Mop Taper Fade
Lengthy front mop taper hairstyle can help you to define should shoulders or jawline. If you are searching for a somewhat neat hairstyle, this would be a great option available for you to pick and go.
22. Messy Shaggy Long Wavy Bob Haircut with Copper Shade
You can make your shaggy hair look a bit messy as well. But if you are trying to make it look messy, make sure that you also add a copper shade to your hair for delivering more dimension.
23. Side Swept Long Asymmetrical Straight Hair with Lower Fade
When you are trying to get asymmetrical hair, you can go for a side sweep. This is a great hairstyle available for anyone with straight hair. The lower fade would surely complement your face.
24. Medium Length Hair with Wavy Style
Do you want to travel back in time all the way to the 80s and 90s? Then you can try this medium-length mop top hairstyle. It is ideal for any guy who wishes to retain the wavy hairstyle.
25. Bob Long Hair with Full Blue Blonde Shade
One of the best things about bob hair is that you will be able to add different shades into it. If you are looking forward to adding full-blue blonde shades, you may think about picking an option like this one.
26. Side Swept Down Styled Long Taper Fade
Side swept down styled long taper fade is a unique hairstyle available for men who wish to groom their hair along with beard. You will surely enjoy the well-groomed look that you can get along with this hairstyle.
27. Messy Full Curls Bob Mop Hairstyle
If you have messy full curls, you don’t have to straighten it to get a bob mop hairstyle. As you can see above, you may get a bob mop hairstyle while keeping your messy curls.
28. Thick and Long Shaggy Mullet with Wavy Style
Do you have really thick hair? Then you may try this thick and long shaggy mullet. It comes with a wavy style to make you look great.
29. Skin Fade with Long Mop Front Hairstyle
Skin fade hair that comes along with a long mop front hairstyle will be ideal for anyone who wishes to highlight features of the face. For example, if you got a tattoo and if you want to bring attention to it, you may consider this one.
30. Mop Top Haircut – Front Messy Tapered Hairstyle Short Hair
Front messy tapered hairstyle will surely complement anyone who has short hair. If you are a person who has a smaller face, this would surely be a great hairstyling option available for you to consider.
31. Mop Top Haircut – Edgy Hairstyle Mop Fringe Side with Full Red Front Shade
Mop top hairstyles can help you to be unique as well. This is one great example of a hairstyle that can assist you to be unique. Add full red color to the front of your hair, and you can get a two-toned effect with the help of it.
32. Mop Top Haircut – Mullet Wavy Hair with Light Brown Highlights
If you don’t mind going for a traditional mullet hairstyle, this is a good option to try. Instead of making your mullet look boring, you can add some light brown highlights.
33. Mop Top Haircut – Trimmed Mop Hairstyle with Side Fringe
A mop top hairstyle can be trimmed with a side fringe as shown above. If you are planning to grow a top beard, this will be a good option to try.
34. Mop Top Haircut – Buzz Haircut Mop Bob Cut with Full Platinum Shade
Any guy who wishes to get a premium looking mop top hairstyle may consider going for this one. It will offer a full platinum shade, which looks perfect on your hair.
35. Mop Top Haircut – Meandering Wavy Long Bob with Bangs Cut
Do you wish to look more manly with your hair? Then we encourage you to try this wavy long bob hairstyle that comes along with bangs cut.
36. Mop Top Haircut – Crinkly Taper Fade with Brown Highlights
Crinkly taper fade is somewhat a minimalist looking bob mop type hairstyle to consider. If you are going for this, make sure that you also add some brown highlights to your hair.
37. Mop Top Haircut – Glossy Gold Long Front Mop Hairstyle with Mid Fade
Having glossy hair will surely help you to stand out in a crowd. If you plan to do it, we encourage you to try this glossy gold long-front mop hairstyle. It is a great-looking hairstyle with a mid-fade.
38. Mop Top Haircut – Edgy Bob Haircut with Almond Shade Hair
You can create a textured and tousled look and feel with the help of this edgy bob haircut. Make sure to add almond shade to your hair and make it look perfect.
39. Mop Top Haircut – Skin Fade with Mop Trimmed Blonde Hair
If you have blonde hair and want a bob mop top, it is better to trim your hair. Make sure that you go for a skin fade, so that you can make your hairstyle look perfect on you.
40. Mop Top Haircut – Side Parted Long Hair Fringe Style with Back Tail
Long hair always go well with a fringe hairstyle. You can take things to the next level by having side parted hair along with a black tail.
41. Mop Top Haircut – Wavy Short Bob with Wavy Mop Cut
When you have wavy hair, shaggy hairstyle would be ideal for you. However, you may combine that along with a wavy mop top. to end up with perfect results as shown above.
42. Mop Top Haircut – Bouncy and Wavy Curls with Thick Hairstyle
Styling messy and thick hair is not an easy thing to do at all. However, you can still think about keeping bouncy and wavy curls, so that you will look quite good with your style.
43. Mop Top Haircut – Full Blonde Shade with Shaggy Medium Length Bob Cut
Going for a full-length shaggy cut is not recommended for anyone with blonde hair. However, you may still try a medium length bob cut as you can see above to get a decent look.
44. Mop Top Haircut – Tapered Fade with Long Side Swept Front
Any guy who prefers to keep hair short may consider going ahead with a tapered fade. You will be able to mix that with a long side swept front to receive outstanding results.
45. Mop Top Haircut – Bouncy Ends with Bob Haircut Style
One of the best things about a bob haircut is that it can help you have bouncy ends. Check how cool it looks. If you are interested, you may go for the same.
46. Mop Top Haircut – Bowl Haircut with Full Blue Blonde Shade Hair
A bowl haircut will deliver a unique texture to your face. You may further enhance that texture by combining it along with a blue blonde shade.
47. Mop Top Haircut – Man Bun Full Curly Hair with Front Blonde Twisted Curls
If you have natural curly hair, you are lucky enough to try this man bun full curly hairstyle. The most unique thing about this hairstyle are the front blonde twisted curls, which look super-cool.
48. Mop Top Haircut – Tapered with Mid Fade Front Bounce Style
This mid-fade front bounce hairstyle can help you to keep your hair short but still, look good. Go for it, and you might enjoy the results coming on your way.
49. Mop Top Haircut – Lower Fade with Buzz Cut Mop Top Style
Another short and a low maintenance haircut available for you to try would be the lower fade with buzz-cut mop top. It can also help you to look super-cool with your hairstyle.
50. Mop Top Haircut – Messy Long Hair with Wet Mop Hairstyle
You may think about taking your messy long hair to a whole new level by adding a bit of wetness to it. Make sure that you also grow your beard like this to end up with perfect results.
Frequently Asked Questions Mop Top Haircut
Yes, a mop top haircut is quite appropriate for a guy who has short hair. That’s because you can make your short hair look unique with the help of it.
Yes, there are few great hairstyles that come with low maintenance. If you really don’t have a lot of time to take care of your hair, you may think about going for them.
What are the best coloring options for bob mop hair?
One of the best things about bob mop hairstyles is that they are quite okay with different coloring options. Some of the best coloring options available for you to select include blonde, light brown, copper, and even ice blue.
Darla is a hairstylist and makeup artist. She loves creating bold and edgy looks for her clients and is very passionate about what she does. She has always loved writing, but never thought that she would ever get to publish her content. She decided to give it a try when she discovered us, and has been writing for our readers ever since!