Men in the 80s have had some cool hairstyles. Some of these hairstyles are making a comeback nowadays. No matter what, trying one of the 80s hairstyles would be something that you will love to do. From this article, we will help you to figure out 50 of the most amazing 80s hairstyle ideas that men can consider in 2022.
1. Long Bob Waterfall with Low Fade Undercut
Long bob was one of the iconic men’s hairstyles from the 80s. You will be able to combine your long bob waterfall with a low fade undercut to get a perfect appearance.
2. Mucky Hair with Spiky Hairstyle
Even though this mucky hair with spiky hairstyle was quite popular in the 80s, we can see it making a comeback now. You can give this a try and make you look modern.
3. Wavy Perm Curly Hair with Long Fringe Bangs
When you have natural wavy hair, you can grow it a bit and mix with long fringe bangs. You will need to apply wax on your hair to keep it look shining.
4. Mohawk Big Wavy Curls with Mid Fade
From fashion tastemakers to athletes, mohawk big wavy curls is making a comeback. Mix it with a mid fade, and you will be able to end up with getting a quirky edge.
5. Voluminous Hairstyle with Full Bloom Perm Curls
Do you want to keep your hair looking voluminous? Then we encourage you to go ahead with full bloom perm curls as you can see above.
6. Short Bob with Back Duck Tail Hair
Similar to long bob hairstyles, short bob hairstyles were quite popular during the 80s. If you prefer to keep your hair short, you can try this short bob hairstyle with duck tail hair.
7. Begrimed with Layered Hairstyle and Side Parted Bangs
The begrimed with layered hairstyle can help you with getting a smooth look. This remains one of the boldest haircuts for men as of now.
8. Curly Perms Mohawk with Brown Shade Mid Fade Cut
Because of its unusual appearance, curly perms mohawk hairstyle makes you look good with the mid fade cut. You will also be able to have all eyes on you because of its unique looks.
9. Slicked Long Hair Man Hairstyle with Lower Fade
This slicked long hairstyle will help you with recreating a classic 80s look. Make sure that you use the right hairstyling products to keep your hair in place.
10. Middle Length Long Hairstyle with Textured Bangs
Middle length long hairstyle can help you to enhance your classical looks. Textured bangs would require more maintenance, but you will surely love the results offered by this hairstyle.
11. Spiky Rocker Hair with Messy Hairstyle
Do you want to get a hairstyle that was quite popular in the 80s punk era? Then you should go ahead with this spiky rocker hairstyle. It can help you to keep your hair looking messy, but still good.
12. High Pomp Front Styled with Blonde Colors and Lower Fade
The high pomp front styled lower fade hairstyle can deliver a masculine and a rugged twist. You can pair this with blonde colors to enhance the overall appearance.
13. Wavy Perms with Undercut Style
Wavy perms with undercut style is not so popular. Therefore, you can easily draw attention towards yourself with this hairstyle.
14. Side Parted Long Wavy Perms Style
Side parted hair was another iconic trendy hairstyle that was popular in the 80s. If you are a person who loves perms styles, we encourage you to give this one a try.
15. Comb Over Man Sleek Back Hairstyle with Lower Fade
This comb over hairstyle can deliver a natural flattering look to you. You just need to mix it with a lower fade to get a great appearance.
16. Full Bloom of Blonde Yellow Mullet Hairstyle
Do you want to go full blonde with your hair? Then you should try this full bloom of blonde mullet hairstyle. Get the yellowish color that makes you look like you are having perfect blonde hair.
17. Upper High Pompadour with Lower Fade Cut
Upper high pompadour hairstyle will help you to get a modern twist. If you have medium length hair, you should be trying for this lower fade cut without thinking twice.
18. Artsy Faux Long Back Mohawk Hairstyle with Side Faded
Artsy faux long back mohawk hairstyle was quite popular during the golden age of hip hop. If you want to go ahead with this hairstyle, make sure that you pick a skilled hairstylist out there.
19. Shaggy Mullet with Perm Curls Hairstyle
Shaggy mullet can offer one of the trendiest looks for men out there as of now. Instead of keeping it boring, you may think about mixing it along with a perm curls hairstyle, as shown above.
20. Long Slicked Back and Straight Hair with Light Blonde Shade
The long slicked back and straight hairstyle will help you to look interesting and cool. If you have brown hair, you can get a blonde shade and try out this hairstyle.
21. Bob Hairstyle Straight Blonde Hair with Bouncy Ends
This bob hairstyle was quite iconic in the 1980s. We could see how a lot of R&B singers went for this hairstyle. You can also go for it and fall in love with the bouncy ends offered on your way.
22. Middle Length Wavy Bronze Messy Perms
The middle length wavy hairstyle can deliver a retro appeal to you. Whether you have short hair or long hair, you can go ahead with messy perms to complete the hairstyle.
23. Wavy Short Hair with Full White Shade
Among 80s hairstyles, you can also find quite a few options for men with white hair. This will be one of the best options available out of them for you to try as of now.
24. Faux Mohawk with Curly Wavy Perms Skin Fade
This faux mohawk hairstyle can help you with getting Afro-textured hair. You will be able to keep your curls and make you look more handsome with the perms skin fade.
25. Shaggy Hair with Full Bronze Shade and Layered Bangs
This shaggy hairstyle is offering a statement style to you along with a retro appeal as well. You can have layered bangs at the back and color your hair in bronze color to complete the look.
26. Sleek Hairstyle with Brush Over Long Hair
Sleek hairstyles were quite trendy back in the 80s. If you have shoulder-length hair and if you prefer to brush it back, you may consider giving this hairstyle a try.
27. Lengthy Full Volume of White Blonde Shade with Bangs
Lengthy full, volume hair was something that we could often see in the 80s movies. You will be able to get a white-blonde shade as seen above, and make your bangs look even better.
28. Smudged Hair with Long and Natural Black Hairstyle
This smudged hairstyle is all about adding more volume to your hair. Anyone who wishes to keep natural black hair may give this a try.
29. Straight Long Tail with Blonde Ends and Fade
The long straight tail was introduced back in the 50s, but it was also quite popular throughout the 80s. You can even give this haircut a try in 2022. Make sure that you get blonde ends so that you can make it look modern.
30. Side Sleek Short Wavy Hair with Full Bronze Blonde
Do you want to go full bronze with your appearance? Then you should be looking forward to getting this side sleek short wavy hairstyle. It is a great appearance uplift for anyone with bronze hair.
31. Short and Spiky Hair with Ash Gray Blonde Shade
Short and spiky hair has been quite popular during the 80s. You can go ahead with it while getting ash gray blonde shade to make you look trendy.
32. Comb Over Long Hairstyle with Wavy Ends
The comb over long hairstyle that comes along with wavy ends can help you to get another classical look with ease. Keep your hair loose as shown above, and you will fall in love with the results.
33. Short Side Parted Hairstyle with Bronze Shade
This short side parted hairstyle was quite popular among some of the pop stars during the 80s. If you are not afraid to stand out with your looks, you may give this one a try. Make sure that you also go for a bronze shade.
34. 80s Hairstyles – Spiky Hairstyle with Peachy Shade Style
Bleaching can do a lot of damage to your hair. This is why you should go ahead with this peachy shade style. Your spikes will truly define your personality when wearing this hairstyle.
35. 80s Hairstyles – Long Wavy Slicked Back with Wavy Perms
Any guy with a full beard may think about trying this long wavy slicked back hairstyle. You will be able to make you look more manly with the help of this.
36. 80s Hairstyles – Front Side Parted Mullet Hair with Fade Cut
Are you a fan of mullet hairstyles? Then we encourage you to give this hairstyle a try as well. It looks quite unique from the traditional front-side parted mullet hairstyles due to the presence of a fade cut.
37. 80s Hairstyles – Mullet with Artsy Cheese Hairstyle
One of the most unique hairstyles that you can consider as of now is the mullet with artsy cheese hairstyle. Look above, and you will figure out why.
38. 80s Hairstyles – Messy Spiky Short with Blonde Shade
If you don’t want to keep your hair well-groomed but messy, you may try this short spiky hairstyle. It looks even better with the blonde shade.
39. 80s Hairstyles – Bouncy Long Hair Side Parted Style
The bouncy long hair side parted hairstyle can help you improve your appearance with added volume. If you love long hair, we encourage you to give this a try.
40. 80s Hairstyles – Grimy with Taper Natural Hairstyle
This taper natural hairstyle can help you with getting a grimy look. If you want to keep you looks casual, this would be the right option to try.
41. 80s Hairstyles – Slimy Waves of Mullet Long Hair
The slimy waves of long mullet hairstyle is one of the most versatile and simple hairstyles to try. You can get that 1980s Johnny Depp look with the help of it.
42. 80s Hairstyles – Long Length Wavy Slicked Back Hairstyle
After getting this long-length wavy slicked back hairstyle, you can use your hands to push back hair. This hairstyle can make you look effortlessly cool.
43. 80s Hairstyles – Front High Pomp with Long Tail Length
The front high pomp would match perfectly well with the long tail length that you have in this hairstyle. You can use pomade to deliver a semi-wet look to your hair.
44. 80s Hairstyles – Layered Mullet with Platinum Shade of Blonde
Mullet hair was a massive trend back in the 80s. If you want to go for a blonde shade, you may try this layered mullet hairstyle, which looks quite good.
45. 80s Hairstyles – Full Volume of Curly Perms with Side Fringe
This full volume of curly perms can help you to remain your looks in the 80s. Side fringe can help you with getting even a better look as you go ahead with this hairstyle.
46. 80s Hairstyles – Faux Mullet with Front and Back Blue Shade
This faux mullet hairstyle was quite popular in the late 70s as well as early 80s. We can see it making a comeback as of now. Have some blue shades in the front and back to make everything look better.
47. 80s Hairstyles – Lengthy Spiked Hair with Long Back Tail Hair
Spiky hair would not just look good when your hair is short. You can even make it look better with long hair. Try this lengthy spiked hairstyle and see how amazing it would look on you.
48. 80s Hairstyles – Pushed Side Parted Long Bob Bouncy Ends
The punk movement of the 80s gave life to a series of unique hairstyles. The push-side parted long bob hairstyle with bouncy ends is a perfect example of one such hairstyle.
49. 80s Hairstyles – Artsy Slit Fade Side with Long Spiky Platinum Shade
You can easily make a statement with the help of this artsy slit fade side hairstyle. In order to take your good looks to the next level, ensure that you are getting a spiky platinum shade on your hair.
50. 80s Hairstyles – Curly Mullet with Full Copper Shade
Curly mullet is one of the most timeless and casual 80s hairstyles available for you to try. You can get a copper shade to complete your looks with this hairstyle.
FAQ 80s Hairstyles
Yes, it appears that 80s hairstyles are making a comeback as of now. We shared few of them above in this article. You may go through them and see if you can get any of those hairstyles.
Mullet hairstyle was the most popular hairstyle in the 80s. You may also think about going for a mullet hairstyle. We shared few different options available for you to consider when you are getting a mullet hairstyle above.
I want to get a timeless 80s hairstyle. What should I get?
If you are looking forward to getting a timeless 80s hairstyle, you may go ahead with long combover hairstyle. However, make sure that you have enough hair on your head, so that you can go for this hairstyle without any challenge.